Teachers, especially those in nursery and pre-primary schools, know that it takes specialized learning aids to help children learn how to identify objects, develop eye-hand and fine motor coordination, improve attention span, and learn to focus on the activity in which they are participating.
The aim of BEE CLEVER Activity Books
Keeping these important learning factors in mind, a pre-school educator and counsellor has created a series of simple and stimulating activity books. These help develop the skills a child needs, plus contribute to the further development of the child’s ‘writing readiness’.
Pallavi Dalal – the creator of BEE CLEVER Activity Books – has spent over 25 years working with pre-school children. She says, “There has been much thought, care, understanding, laughter and joy that has gone into creating these books. I can only hope that they will bring children many ‘magical moments’ of learning, and spending time with each other in a happy and relaxed frame of mind.”
Two Important Factors
While planning any activity for children, two important principles of learning are always uppermost in her mind:
1. “I see and I remember.”
2. “I do and I understand.”
She has designed these books to develop differentiating and logical thinking skills in children and evaluate their interests in certain areas, without making them feel like they are being ‘tested’!
How BEE CLEVER books are DIFFERENT
• Objects illustrated are those a child is generally familiar with.
• Instructions can be read to a child without having to simplify them.
• Illustrations are bold and clear for the child to see and work comfortably.
• Accurate use of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
• Each book in the series explains the value of doing that specific activity.
• Simple ‘Do’s and Don’ts’ create a ‘win-win’ situation for the child.
BEE CLEVER SERIES set includes :
- Join The Dots
- Mazes – Book 1
- Odd One Out
- Phonics – Book 1
- Story Sequence
- What’s Next?
- What’s Different?
Illustrations by Pallavi Basu